Friday, March 12, 2010

It's Alive

An early morning wiring session got me to the point where I need to fire it up. I connected the negative side of the battery pack for the first time, and cautiously flipped the breaker: No smoke.

The Alltrax had the the LED indicating green, but when I twisted the throttle gently nothing happened. Fully opening the throttle turned the LED red. Panic!

I then realized I hadn't engaged the contactor. A flip of the switch and the contactor clicked closed. Now the rear wheel spins happily in response to my twisting wrist.

Cue Oingo Boingo's song "Weird Science"

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! First try too. So when are you going to take it for a ride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully this weekend. Still need to secure the batteries and tie down some pieces.

    ReplyDelete